The Pagan Federation London is a District of The Pagan Federation.
Founded in 1971 the Pagan Federation (PF) seeks to support all Pagans to ensure they have the same rights as the followers of other beliefs and religions. It aims to promote a positive profile for Pagans and Paganism and to provide information on Pagan beliefs to the media, official bodies and the greater community.
Aims and Objectives
The Aims and Objectives of the Pagan Federation are:
- To seek to support all Pagans in their personal and public life, to help ensure that they have the same rights as the followers of other beliefs and members of other religions.
- To promote a positive profile for Pagans and Paganism and to provide information on Pagan paths and beliefs to the media, official bodies and the greater community.
- To facilitate effective communication, education and dialogue within and between Pagan communities and with non Pagans, through publications and events.
In more detail, the work of the Pagan Federation is:
- To provide open access to Pagan Worship, and to facilitate the celebration of the sacred festivals of Paganism.
- To provide support, advice, and pastoral care for Pagans in the community, including those in hospitals, Hospices and Prisons: to act as a liaison body between Pagan Ministers and the authorities concerned.
- To promote contact and dialogue between the various branches of Paganism and other religious traditions.
- To promote contact and dialogue between the various branches of British and European based Paganism and contact with Pagan and other Ethnic or Tribal religions world-wide.
- To undertake an educative role for people not familiar with Pagan beliefs and ways by providing practical and effective information on Paganism to members of the public, the media, public bodies and the Administration.
- To maintain contact by letter, through events, and the publication of a Quarterly magazine, with individual Members and the wider Pagan community.
- To provide members with local contacts where possible with other Members through correspondence or meetings.
Membership of the Pagan Federation (England & Wales)* is open to any Pagan aged 16 or over who supports our Aims and Objectives. Followers of all Pagan Paths are welcome.
The Pagan Federation regards membership of any organisations that refuse to support freedom of religion and equality of race, gender, and sexual orientation, as incompatible with our aims, objectives and values.
For more information, to join or to contact the Pagan Federation, visit: http://paganfed.org